Til: 'Jude Nelson'
CC: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

I thought it was already settled and decided by the VUA that Devuan Jessie
will use udev. I agree with this stance, for the same reason as T.J. points
out--udev is production-ready, whereas vdev is not. It's the pragmatic
thing to do--I only have a handful of hours per week to work on vdev, so it
makes no sense to hold up the release waiting for it.

However, I think the plan is to offer vdev as a udev alternative in at least
ascii, so users who want to try it out will be able to do so with minimal
effort.

[T.J. ] Hello, Jude!

I believe that this is just a friendly discussion regarding the merits of
udev, and is of no concern to anything further. I have no knowledge of the
release plans, nor would I jump into this conversation if I actually did.
Plans tend to change and the VUAs do not seem to discuss development matters
here.