:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Author: Noel Torres
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

Anto <aryanto@???> escribió:

> On 05/05/15 18:52, Noel Torres wrote:
>>
>> As a resume: If you want a systemd-free system, Devuan is your
>> distribution, and will always be. But if you want a system designed
>> to be unable to run systemd, please leave us. This is not the place
>> for such an anti-freedom POV.
>>

> Are you for real?
>
> Do you understand the impact on what you wrote?

Of course yes. We are not a bunch of anti-systemd fanboys, but a set
of system administrators that want to be free not to have systemd
imposed on us by what was our distribution of choice for its technical
soundness and reliability: Debian.

> How much efforts will that be to support systemd *without* any
> locked-in? I believe this is what you meant, because Devuan will be

That of the required effort is a completely different issue to that of
freedom!
> exactly the same as Debian if the support for systemd would also
> force the locked-in of a lot of packages. And unless the number of
> Devuan developers will be as many as Debian developers, I think you
> are just dreaming.

Yes, dreaming, but also setting a line on the sand: rejecting systemd
on Devuan for reason A is good, and for reason B is bad. The line is
on the reasons, not on systemd itself.

> I can write this now that you can be sure I will be the first one to
> leave Devuan as soon as it starts to support systemd. This
> encourages me to start learning about building a deb repository and
> forking, because as soon as Devuan starts to support systemd, it
> will be much easier for me to fork Devuan.

Feel free to leave, fork, contribute or just argue with me, but even
if you leave, I'll support your freedom.

> It is quite sad for me to write this as Devuan does not even exist
> yet. But I can see it now that the future of Devuan is not really
> promising for me. I will wait and still be around until that day
> comes.

Regards

Noel
er Envite