:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

On 05/05/15 18:52, Noel Torres wrote:

> As a resume: If you want a systemd-free system, Devuan is your
> distribution, and will always be. But if you want a system designed to
> be unable to run systemd, please leave us. This is not the place for
> such an anti-freedom POV.

Are you for real?

Do you understand the impact on what you wrote?

How much efforts will that be to support systemd *without* any
locked-in? I believe this is what you meant, because Devuan will be
exactly the same as Debian if the support for systemd would also force
the locked-in of a lot of packages. And unless the number of Devuan
developers will be as many as Debian developers, I think you are just
dreaming.

I can write this now that you can be sure I will be the first one to
leave Devuan as soon as it starts to support systemd. This encourages me
to start learning about building a deb repository and forking, because
as soon as Devuan starts to support systemd, it will be much easier for
me to fork Devuan.

It is quite sad for me to write this as Devuan does not even exist yet.
But I can see it now that the future of Devuan is not really promising
for me. I will wait and still be around until that day comes.