:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Any news on Liteco…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: mlmikael
CC: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] Any news on Litecoin support?
On 05/01/2015 04:22 AM, mlmikael wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> Thanks - aha.
>
> What kind of difficulty is it probably to implement litecoin support?
> (As in a --protocol=litecoin compiletime option.)

I can't say with any certainty as I haven't worked on it at all.

> I guess the differences between the Bitcoin and Litecoin protocols are
> extremely small, though I haven't diff:ed bitcoind's and litecoind's
> sources so am no authority; I got the impression it more or less amounts
> to the hashing algorithm, average block generation time, and max coins,
> that would sound like 100 to 500 lines?

I wouldn't assume that the implementation would be a smattering of
#ifdef's throughout the stack.

The difficulty is in factoring the libraries so that they build against
a consensus interface which defines the unique aspects of any coin.