:: Re: [Dng] Feedback installing Devua…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Hare
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] Feedback installing Devuan through debootstrap in Debian Testing.
On 01/05/15 01:32, Franco Lanza wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 01:44:47AM +0100, David Hare wrote:
>>
>> debootstrap --exclude systemd,systemd-sysv,libsystemd0 jessie .
>>
>> without specifying a URL is working here (are the excludes needed?)
>>
>> However after I chroot it and apt update:
>>
>> W: GPG error: http://packages.devuan.org jessie InRelease: The following
>> signatures were invalid: BADSIG 94532124541922FB Devuan Repository (Primary
>> Devuan signing key) <repository@???>
>>
>> "devuan-keyring" is installed.
>
> fixed with the commit at
> https://git.devuan.org/packages-base/debootstrap/commit/821623d33a4a75d73120cf3c4e4d6d236f391427
>
> in few minutes there will be an updated version of debootstrap available in
> our repository that fix the issue and make useless to add your
> --exclude
>
> There are chances you will get libsystemd0 installed actually, but avoid
> it can break packages not yet in our repo, so, i suggest to deal with it
> for the moment, when our repo will be complete, libsystemd0 will NOT
> be installed in any case.

Thanks! I just tested the new debootstrap (same opts as before). There
were no such errors in the bootstrap nor subsequent manual chroot.

Later yesterday, the gpg error seemed to resolve itself during chroot,
no clue how or why. I went on to build a nice xfce system (without
enabling mainstream debian repos)!

/etc/apt/preferences.d/01systemd excludes *systemd* here. I also exclude
"recommends". However, I'm using a few packages from angband.pl and a
few custom recompilations because devuan either doesn't have them yet or
they are older versions than mainstream Jessie.

I look forward to devuan repo completion, then we don't need custom or
3rd party packages.

I'm using custom packages (they work but are probably not
lintian-clean): sane-utils consolekit2

Consolekit2 I built from latest git, I have user handling for removables
and shutdown/reboot/suspend in xfce and lightdm menus.

If they are any use to devuan I posted debs and sources here:
http://www.exegnulinux.net/refracta/experimental/debs-nosystemd/

Note for those who would not normally want pulseaudio: mplayer depends
libpulse0 (which depends libsystemd0)

Packages installed from angband.pl:

bsdutils
cups