:: Re: [Dng] Feedback installing Devua…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jaret Cantu
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [Dng] Feedback installing Devuan through debootstrap in DebianTesting.

http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/
> I: Extracting util-linux...
> W: Failure trying to run: chroot /mnt/sda8 mount -t proc proc /proc
> W: See /mnt/sda8/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details

I see that, too. The problem is apparently a missing library for the
mount executable (the "No such file or directory" reported in
debootstrap.log):

[jaret@ragnarok mnt]$ ldd bin/mount
         libselinux.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1
(0x00007f91b68ee000)

But that is my system libselinux and is not available to the chroot
mount, which apparently lacks libselinux:

[jaret@ragnarok mnt]$ find -name 'libselinux*'
[jaret@ragnarok mnt]

So I guess (at least) libselinux needs to be pulled in as part of the
initial bootstrapping. It is listed as a pre-depends in Devuan, too:

Package: mount
Source: util-linux
Version: 2.25.2-4.1+devuan1
Essential: yes
Installed-Size: 419
Maintainer: Denis Roio <jaromil@???>
Architecture: amd64
Pre-Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17), libmount1 (>= 2.25), libselinux1 (>=
2.0.15), libsmartcols1 (>= 2.25)

I am just now getting acquainted the whole seedy Apt underbelly;
otherwise, I'd throw in a patch for this instead of just "There's your
problem"ing.

Cheers,
Jerry