Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
Le 30/04/2015 13:21, Joerg Reisenweber a écrit :
> and here is more (sorry to link to the obvious):
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html (possibly outdated, I didn't
> check for a long time)

     Thanks Joerg, for recalling the link.

     This FHS is nothing more than a summary of current practice; it
does not contain any sound rationale. Adhering to this standard just
means freezing forever an unsatisfactory file hierarchy which is like it
is for historical reasons.

     I don't want to make war against the FHS. I'm just considering that
the FHS has little value and I don't care if Debian violates it and
Devuan follows. They will do it in a way which is compatible with the
expectation of applications.

     Didier