Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
On Thu 30 April 2015 10:12:30 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> From the FreeBSD point of view:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/dirstructure.html

and here is more (sorry to link to the obvious):
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html (possibly outdated, I didn't
check for a long time)

let me quote a quite old factoid of IRC infobot about what they did to /usr
and /opt in maemo:
<infobot> optification is a inventive duct tape workaround to reclaim space in
fs root, done due to the fact the systeminit *and* partitioning is FUBAR,
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Packaging,_Deploying_and_Distributing/Installing_under_opt_and_MyDocs,
or ""OMG - I wish they looked into FHS and moved /usr to eMMC"",
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#PURPOSE2 bullet1,2 and
fhs-2.3.html#PURPOSE16 dot3"

Maemo is also a nice example of a system that's absolutely incompatible with
that systemd avalanche

/j