:: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Whee…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Wheezy from upgrading itself to Jessie?
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:33:05 +0300
Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@???> wrote:

> On 04/28/2015 04:30 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 09:27:57AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> While I wait for Dng to mature and become my daily driver OS, I'm
> >> continuing to limp along on Debian Wheezy initted by sysvinit.
> >> What I want to make sure of is that when I run apt-get update &
> >> apt-get upgrade that my computer doesn't try to convert itself to
> >> Jessie, because then I'd face a situation where I'd need to shut
> >> down my business and immediately convert to Manjaro OpenRC
> >> edition. I'd rather make an orderly transition to Dng, on my own
> >> timetable.
> >>
> >> So, anyone know how to prevent my Wheezy box from converting
> >> itself to Jessie?
> >
> > You edit /etc/apt/sources.lst and change *every* mention of
> > 'stable' to 'wheezy'.
> >
> > Do not do upgrades of any kind until you've made these changes.
>
> Then you can verify by using -s or --simulate with apt-get just to
> see if you missed anything.
>
> Regards,
> Lars

Well cool! Thanks for that idea.

The -s on update, and then on upgrade after I actually ran update,
produced nothing that scared me too badly, so I did the upgrade (still
running). Meanwhile, I had my backup server pull all my actual data off
my computer.

I haven't decided yet whether to install Epoch before I reboot, just in
case whatever init I have now fails the next time I boot.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2015 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28