:: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Whee…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Anto
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Wheezy from upgrading itself to Jessie?

On 28/04/15 16:48, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> Mine reads as follows:
>
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.7.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 xfce-CD Binary-1 20141018-13:04]/ wheezy main
> deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free #Added by software-properties
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free #Added by software-properties
>
> # wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-proposed-updates contrib non-free main
> deb-src http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-proposed-updates contrib non-free main #Added by software-properties
>
> deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free #Added by software-properties
>
> deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main
>
> Am I safe from a systemd infection ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Hello Ron,

I guess that would depend on the packages that you want use and your
"rejection" on systemd. If for instance you use pulseaudio, then even on
wheezy repository it already depends on libsystemd-daemon0 and
libsystemd-login0.

As for me, I don't want to use any packages containing "*systemd*", so
no libraries or any helpers for systemd on my PC. For dbus, I had to
re-compile the source from http://angband.pl/debian/ as otherwise I have
to use dbus from squeeze-lts which is quite old.

There are a lot more packages that depend on systemd components on
wheezy-backports. That is why I decided to downgrade all packages to
wheezy and removed wheezy-backports from my source.list.

Cheers,

Anto