:: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Whee…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Wheezy from upgrading itself to Jessie?
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:30:57 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 09:27:57AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > While I wait for Dng to mature and become my daily driver OS, I'm
> > continuing to limp along on Debian Wheezy initted by sysvinit. What
> > I want to make sure of is that when I run apt-get update & apt-get
> > upgrade that my computer doesn't try to convert itself to Jessie,
> > because then I'd face a situation where I'd need to shut down my
> > business and immediately convert to Manjaro OpenRC edition. I'd
> > rather make an orderly transition to Dng, on my own timetable.
> >
> > So, anyone know how to prevent my Wheezy box from converting itself
> > to Jessie?
>
> You edit /etc/apt/sources.lst and change *every* mention of
> 'stable' to 'wheezy'.
>
> Do not do upgrades of any kind until you've made these changes.
>
> -- hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

It turns out that in my /etc/apt/sources.list (that's the exact name of
the file on my box) everything was already marked "wheezy" instead of
"stable" except:

# ADDED BY SLITT FOR DOVECOT
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable dovecot
deb-src http://www.backports.org/debian stable dovecot

I don't remember why I found it necessary to put those in for Dovecot
updates.

Do you think I should I comment out those two deb statements, or change
"stable" to "wheezy" on both of them?

Also, there was a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jitsi.list, from a time when
I was experimenting with using jitsi as a substitute for Skype. I'll be
moving that file out of its directory, and not experiment with jitsi
until after I've left Debian completely.

Thanks so much.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2015 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28