:: [Dng] A systemd-free Valentine imag…
Author: Svante Signell
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] A systemd-free Valentine image: Was: Re: ... devuan image
On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 13:49 -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm running debian wheezy on a 32-bit machine. Given the appearance of
> Jessie last Saturday, it seemed time to try out devuan. Because I don't
> know what to do with the qcow2 files of the current builds, I went back
> to the Valentine ISO.

Just FYI: I have an almost systemd-free Valentine image by now in
qemu :)

# cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/systemd
Package: systemd
Pin: release o=Debian
Pin-Priority: -1

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://packages.devuan.org/merged ascii main contrib non-free
deb http://packages.devuan.org/merged jessie main contrib non-free
deb http://angband.pl/debian nosystemd main
(deb-src entries omitted)

# dpkg -l xfce4
ii  xfce4           4.10.1       all          Meta-package for the Xfce

# dpkg -l |grep 215-17
ii  libgudev-1.0-0:i386                  215-17
i386         GObject-based wrapper library for libudev
ii  libudev1:i386                        215-17
i386         libudev shared library
ii  udev                                 215-17
i386         /dev/ and hotplug management daemon

The last two will be replaced by vdev when Jude is finished :)

The only question right now is:
# apt-get remove libgudev-1.0
The following packages will be REMOVED:
colord gstreamer1.0-plugins-good libgudev-1.0-0 quodlibet
task-xfce-desktop thunar thunar-archive-plugin thunar-media-tags-plugin
thunar-volman udisks2 upower xfburn xfce4 xfce4-goodies
xfce4-places-plugin xfce4-power-manager
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 16 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 16.1 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

Jude?