:: [Dng] Newbie questions re installin…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
New-Topics: [Dng] A systemd-free Valentine image: Was: Re: ... devuan image
Subject: [Dng] Newbie questions re installing a devuan image
I'm running debian wheezy on a 32-bit machine. Given the appearance of
Jessie last Saturday, it seemed time to try out devuan. Because I don't
know what to do with the qcow2 files of the current builds, I went back
to the Valentine ISO.

I installed qemu-kvn and placed the qemu virtual disk into
/usb/local/share/Devuan/. Installation of the image is where things go
sour. I cd to this Devuan directory and do:

 $ qemu-system-x86 -enable-kvm -hda devuan_disk -boot c -net nic -net  \
            user,hostfwd=tcp::5556-:22 -m 1024 -vnc 127.0.0.1:0 -localtime &

The command not known even though qemu-img is installed. I tried
qemu-system-x86_64, but still not known. I tried as root but still no
luck. The man qemu-img says nothing about this command and it does not
seem to be on my system.

Haines Brown