:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update
Author: Anto
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update
On 14/04/15 17:11, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I didn't have much time to work on vdev this weekend, but I did manage
> to make the vdev installation process easier. The build process
> automatically generates the host-specific /etc files for you (i.e.
> including rules for persistent interface names), as well as an
> initramfs with vdev installed so you can use it to boot. I've added
> preliminary instructions on how to install vdev to
> https://git.devuan.org/pkgs-utopia-substitution/vdev/blob/master/INSTALL.md.
>
> DISCLAIMER: the above process has only been lightly tested. I
> apologize in advance if you encounter bugs. Please do not try this on
> a production system, and please read *all* of the instructions before
> attempting to install (since it will mess with your initramfs).
>
> I hope to do more next weekend, but it's currently a very busy time of
> year for me right now (I have a work-related deadline at the end of
> April that I have to meet).
>
> Thanks,
> Jude

Hello Jude,

Thanks a lot for all your efforts on this.

It looks like we are getting closer now, or at least to be able to
compile vdev as a deb package. And it seems the only package that needs
to be re-compile is initramfs. Do you think it is reasonable now to
start packaging vdev?

or did anybody try it already?

Cheers,

Anto