:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jonathan Wilkes
À: Jaromil, Martijn Dekkers, hellekin
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] dev-list
>Author: Martijn Dekkers
>Date: 2015-04-08 00:35 -400
>To: dng@???
>Subject: Re: [Dng] dev-list

 >Personally, my view is that there is no cost or significant effort to the
>project for splitting to -dev and -user. Those who are not interested in
>either of these lists don't have to subscribe, and don't have to deal with
>whatever it is they don't want to deal with. Gentle moderation becomes
>possible. "systemd is evil"? "debian sucks"? "I don't know how to >configure
>my WLAN card I bought on a flea market in Morocco 15 years ago for 2
>Euro"? - take it to -user.

"Systemd is evil" and "Debian sucks" aren't part of a mature discussion for a budding OS.  And I'm having trouble figuring out why devs would want to burrow down into a hole to produce a system for a community that could potentially be as reactionary and mean-spirited as that to which they claim to be opposed.
Instead of "gentle moderation", how about gently leading by example and making it clear this isn't the place for attacks on or blanket complaints about other OSes or software?
-Jonathan