:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Martijn Dekkers
A: hellekin
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] dev-list
> > That's pretty arrogant. Can you back that up with some actual reasons,
> like
> > others in this discussion are doing? Or is this simply a case of
> "because I
> > said so"
> >

> It's not arrogant, it's a fact. There's not even a single release, only
> a dozen or so regular participants, and you already want to detach
> developers from users? You're proposing to solve a problem that does
> not exist yet. People used to mailing lists use filters when they're
> annoyed with the traffic.

I am neither the first, nor will I be the last, to ask for a -dev list.

> *** I see another two groups: people who want to work together and build
> something different that won't end up in an isolated technical committee
> in their ivory towers, and bullies.

I don't see anything mentioned about technical committees or ivory towers.
Bullies, seriously?

You know what hellekin - you post from a dyne.org email address, and from
the way you write you put yourself forward as one of the people running the
project. Frankly, I am really not all that happy with your attitude, and as
you represent dyne.org, I have no option but to assume this to be
representative of the project leads in general. So far, quite a few people
with: or interesting; or no-noise; or informative opinions; have left the
list because of the lack of a -dev list, or a basic "we don't like your
type around here" sentiment that lead them to think "fuck it, this is a
waste of time".

You can now count me amongst those in the "fuck it, this is a waste of
time" camp. Good luck with your forum, your "everyone use one list or GTFO"
attitude, the constant off-list clique forming and gossipy emails about
list members off-list and best of luck to Devuan. I'll be decommissioning
the Jenkins slave I contributed, and will go get some work done.