:: Re: [Dng] Any plans to provide xini…
Author: Jaromil
To: Jude Nelson
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] Any plans to provide xinit without the systemd hacks?
On Tue, 31 Mar 2015, Jude Nelson wrote:

>    Hey Isaac,
>    So, I'm looking at startx here:
>    *[1]http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xinit/tree/startx.cpp
>    Where's the offending block of code?* Is it lines 191-200?

Looks like it.

>    Looking at the commit history
>    ([2]http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xinit/log/), it doesn't
>    look like startx sees many changes these days.* It should be easy
>    to keep a separate startx script around, if you don't want it
>    starting X on your current tty.

I think we should satisfy Isaac's request. I stopped using startx long
ago, but I'd be also annoyed to have it starting on the launched tty,
clearly recalling I did use startx in place of xinit mostly to not have
it polluted.

I also cannot understand the sense of this somewhat insane thing
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xinit/tree/cpprules.in
And would feel much better to know that we maintain such a script, or
even rewrite it.

ciao