:: Re: [Dng] This has GOT to be an Apr…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] This has GOT to be an April Fools joke
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:38:37PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> ROFLMAO,
>
> Here's the problem, Nate. With any other software vendor, we'd
> instantly and doubtlessly assume it an April Fools Joke. But this is
> systemd we're talking about, and the first time I heard that it had a 2
> way link to Gnome I thought "This must be an April Fools Joke", but it
> wasn't. Whether now or later, I fully expect the systemd guys to make
> their own kernel, and do it with a non-copyleft license.

That one seems to be a well-conceived (yet premature) April's fool,
but in any case nobody can put the Linux kernel under a non-copyletf
license, and distribute it :) Actually, nobody can put the Linux
kernel exclusively under a license a single bit more restrictive that
the GPLv2 in terms of the rights granted to the recipient, and this is
just due to the fact that the Linux kernel *is* under GPLv2 ;)

Anyway, this little (disgusting) joke is revealing that some users
that are currently "tolerating" the systemd-nonsense would be quite
upset if the systemd-nonsense guys would decide to take the Linux
kernel aboard (something that I personally think they don't have
neither the experience nor the skills to do, but still...).

I personally find hilarious that most of the people out there are
still convinced that the systemd-nonsense is just a replacement for
sysv-init, while it should be clear by now that it is already becoming
a pervasive cancer...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]