:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joerg Reisenweber
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On Fri 20 March 2015 16:08:24 Steve Litt wrote:
> If anybody *chooses* to integrate an app with any direct or indirect
> systemd dependencies, that person must put their package in the
> "contaminated" or "quarantine" repository,

It seems the discussion is a tad missing the point, since
a) devuan is _not_ anti-systemd but rather _pro_ freedom-of-choice.
It just happens that recently a set of packages around and including systemd
is defeating that freedom in debian and thus per definition of devuan goals
will not be allowed to make it into the devuan repos.
b) I almost shot my powder in above detail for a), but since any package
allowed to go into devuan will need to respect freedom of choice, there's no
need for any "contaminated" repo for a particular (set of) package(s).
In short: when ever systemd packages would go into devuan, they will be
patched so they respect freedom. You cannot install any freedom-killing-
systemd from devuan repo since there's none - not even in a contaminated repo
- and so any other packages in devuan(!) repo will not depend on such freedom-
killer either

for details on how all this works on apt level with the devuan overlay over
debian, you rather ask nextime. My guess would be that all rogue stuff like
systemd simply doesn't show up in devuan's packages.gz, and thus any package
depending on it would run into unmet dependencies when trying to install it.

/j
--
()  ascii ribbon campaign
/\