:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joel Roth
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
Steve Litt wrote:
> What would especially float my boat, once there's a truly depoetterized
> Devuan, is to have the package manager warn me at 160 decibles if I
> decide to install something that pulls in any systemd code, because if
> there's a way to run without systemd code, that's how I want to run,
> even if it means someday I can no longer use Gnumeric or Gimp.
>
> Let me give an analogy that's absolutely offtopic here, I use it only
> as an analogy. Three years ago, I made a policy that no KDE library or
> software would ever exist on any of Troubleshooters.Com computers, any
> computers owned by Steve Litt, or any computers owned by family members
> who expected me to be their IT department. For the most part, I simply
> never install a package beginning with "k". But once in a while I
> install an excellent sounding package, only to see it starting to pull
> in KDE Krap, have to Ctrl+C out of it, and then go back and
> painstakingly remove everything my install put there. My life would
> have been easier if the package manager told me THIS PACKAGE HAS KDE
> REQUIREMENTS, PROCEED N/y.

apt-get gives a list of packages to be installed, and how
many MB of software is involved. That is a good solution
for 90% if not 99% of users.

If you really want to avoid KDE|systemd|bloatware
Probably you could hack apt using pining or similar
technique to prevent bloatware-base from ever being
installable, thereby preventing any bloatware based
libraries from being installed.

In that case, it wouldn't be optional.

I think apt-get sources are perl, so should be
easy to hack on.

Cheers,

Joel