:: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan commitments - will trade-off be applied?
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 01:44:55PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> Let me give an analogy that's absolutely offtopic here, I use it only

Not as off-topic as you might think.

> as an analogy. Three years ago, I made a policy that no KDE library or
> software would ever exist on any of Troubleshooters.Com computers, any
> computers owned by Steve Litt, or any computers owned by family members
> who expected me to be their IT department. For the most part, I simply
> never install a package beginning with "k". But once in a while I
> install an excellent sounding package, only to see it starting to pull
> in KDE Krap, have to Ctrl+C out of it, and then go back and
> painstakingly remove everything my install put there. My life would
> have been easier if the package manager told me THIS PACKAGE HAS KDE
> REQUIREMENTS, PROCEED N/y.

(a) If you use aptitude interactively to install something, isn't there
an intermediate step where it lists all the other deendencies that
will be installed as a consequnce? Simply look through it and see if
there's anything objectionable before you let it go ahead.

(b) There's a pinning procedure for keeping systemd itself out on
Debian Jessie. Wouldn't something like it work for keeping kde out?

--- hendrik