:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - devel…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: Jaromil
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - developers release series on Vagrant
On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 06:49:34PM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

> On 7 March 2015 15:48:18 CET, hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:
> >On 03/07/15 05:59, JeremyBekka C wrote:
> >>
> >> how can I get Vagrant to run in Gentoo?
> >>
> >*** As mentioned at [0], the way to go is to install it using Rubygems.
> >
> >https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/try-devuan-on-vagrant
>

> yep. And I for one will be doing everything possible to have third-party packaging systems like gem, pip, composer and others supported and preferred in Devuan. This is something that Debian has been fighting all the time and for the worst IMHO. Language specific package managers are closer to upstream and keep more up to date the software offered.
>
> I haven't discussed this issue with other VUAs, but that's my agenda

Well but all of these language-specific packagers are already
available in Debian, aside with hundreds of packaged stuff that "just
fits well together", as in the case of pythor or ruby. I won't ever
"prefer" to use pip or gem if I am not forced to do so. Mixing up is
always an easy way of messing up, IMHO. You should do it only if you
know exactly what you are up to, and if you are ready to blame yourself
for any mess you will have to deal with, not your distro....

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]