:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - devel…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Stefan Ott
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan Alpha i386 - developers release series on Vagrant
On 03/07/2015 06:49 PM, Jaromil wrote:

> yep. And I for one will be doing everything possible to have
> third-party packaging systems like gem, pip, composer and others
> supported and preferred in Devuan. This is something that Debian
> has been fighting all the time and for the worst IMHO. Language
> specific package managers are closer to upstream and keep more up
> to date the software offered.

I much prefer the Debian way, i.e. having stable, known-good versions
of all those Python modules rather than manually following upstream.
As an admin I find it rather tiresome to keep track of dozens of
installed third-party packages and their vulnerabilities and
compatibility.

That said, as long as you don't actively try to get rid of these
packages I don't see an issue with better integration of pip & friends.

- --
Stefan Ott
http://www.ott.net/