:: [Dng] release names
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Robert Storey
À: dng
Sujet: [Dng] release names
>>> Just want to say that I really like this idea of naming releases after
minor planets, such as Ceres. It's a way cool idea.

>> Cool yes, but useful? Numbers have the huge advantage that everybody

knows their order, which is quite important when referring to versions.

> Most people will want the latest version, which will always be the

latest advertised on the site. Keeping tabs does matter, so a wikipage
could solve that.

I kind of like Ubuntu's system, where every release has both a name and a
number, and the number tells you the month and year of release. So right
now latest Ubuntu release is 14.10, named Utopic Unicorn (though I don't
like the double-word names, would have better to just call it "Utopic" or
"Unicorn").

cheers,
Robert