:: Re: [Dng] Init Freedom badges
Author: Isaac Dunham
To: ?????? ????????
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Init Freedom badges
On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 04:22:55AM +0700, ?????? ???????? wrote:
> ?? Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:30:22 -0300
> hellekin <hellekin@???> ??????????:
>
> > > Awesome! As it is the planet-wide project, why make it necessary to
> > > translate even logo into languages? - Let it be just graphical
> > > stuff.
>
> > *** Why is everybody looking for the One Ring to Rule Them All? Can't
> > we have unity through diversity? Are we all subject of Mordor's
> > torpor and subjugation?
>
> Do not know what's Mordor is, but i think it will be hard to translate

(Context for those who haven't read Tolkien; if you have, feel free to
ignore.)

In "The Lord of the Rings" (J.R.R. Tolkien), Mordor was the
realm of Sauron, the lord of all the forces of evil.
Sauron created a ring to enslave all the world, on which was engraved this
verse/enchantment (actually a portion of a larger verse):
One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

If I understand correctly, the point of the allusion is that the quest
for *one and only one* solution is not desireable.

Isaac Dunham