:: Re: [Dng] [OT] Debian problems with…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: Hendrik Boom, dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] [OT] Debian problems with Jesse - was simple backgrounds

Le 02/03/2015 16:40, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>> >Frankly, I've also believe that
>> >interpreted languages should never be used for anything other than a
>> >teaching tool.
> There's one huge advantage of interpreted languages: The code you see in
> the editor*is* the code you are running. No compiler to leave an
> obsolete executable around that you might be executing instead.

     I consider weakly typed, or even non-typed languages should *never*
be used for teaching. Unless one intends to teach loose programming.

     Yet I agree interpreted languages are convenient for small things,
precisely because they are interpreted. Conveniency also include fast
development and architecture-independant packaging.

     Didier