:: Re: [Dng] No way to use a prepartio…
Author: Jaromil
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] No way to use a prepartioned disk?
On Sun, 01 Mar 2015, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> Interesting. I've used the Debian installer before, I think in the
> time of wheezy, and it worked with existing partitions. Could sticking
> systemd into it have broken their partitioning? Did they really put
> systemd into the installer??

systemd is there in the very early phases of install yes. As documented
in another thread here, it is forced into debootstrap which is the very
first tool used to generate a new Debian system. the DD maintaining
deboostrap refuses to accept a fix for a bug - lack to honor the
"exclude" directive - which among other things is useful to avoid
systemd indeed. so yes: systemd is forced inside the installer and in
ways that are very questionable, to say the least.

> Which version of the Debian installer was our valentine based on?

it is 20150107, the RC1 for Debian Jessie.

ciao