:: Re: [Dng] logo again.
Author: Go Linux
To: dng, Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Dng] logo again.
On Tue, 2/24/15, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

Subject: [Dng] logo again.
To: dng@???
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 6:28 AM

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at
12:04:43AM +0000, Noel Torres wrote:

> Spiral galaxies always have at least TWO arms.

Which is why I thought a two-armed spiral, based on a real galaxy,
would be appropriate.  Clearly different from Debian's spiral, anyway.

[snip]

I submitted this logo last night. It's not a 'real' galaxy but points in that direction. It solves the visual limitation of spiral + some text tacked on which just wasn't working IMO:

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/File:Infinity.png

This is a VERY rough concept - almost pencil on paper - that attempts to merge Gravis' negative spiral with the font of the logo. It also echoes the yin/yang motif of an early logo submission and the infinity symbol. Using just the swirl on the LH or RH side is also a possibility. The font is Paprika ( http://www.1001freefonts.com/paprika.font ) which has a Public domain, GPL, OFL license.

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/File:Infinity.png

If you don't like the colors - favs of mine - just use your imagination. ;) It was late, I was tired. And I just wanted to get something on 'paper'.

I'm hoping that someone with serious Inkscape skills (that's not me) will jump in to take this idea to the next level.

Cheers!

golinux