:: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
Author: Rob Owens
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] KDE systemd lock-in
----- Original Message -----
> From: "T.J. Duchene" <t.j.duchene@???>
>
> Gnome already depends on systemd, but the apps do not.

Not exactly true. My eyes were open to the systemd problem when I
installed brasero on Jessie and it wanted to change my init system.
Brasero depends on gvfs to detect removable media, and that in turn,
through a chain of dependencies, depends on libpam-systemd. That
depends on systemd-sysv | systemd-shim.

After some debate, that last dependency was changed to
systemd-shim | systemd-sysv. That it required any debate at all
makes me wonder where some of the Debian devs' heads are at.

So note that without the existence of the 3rd party systemd-shim,
Many gnome apps do in fact depend on systemd as init.

-Rob