:: Re: [Dng] Looking for advices in pr…
Author: Nuno Magalhães
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Looking for advices in preparation to switch from Debian to Devuan
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:
> What is not clear to me is that, what will happen to udev or all systemd
> related packages that are currently required by nginx-extras and php5-fpm
> for instance?

On wheezy i don't see nginx-extras depending on udev or any systemd*.
I don't have jessie but i couldn't trace any dependencies on
packages.debian.org either. Where did you see these dependencies? Can
you apt-rdepend them? The closest i could find was nginx-extras »
libselinux1? Could you be using a third-party module that may have
other dependencies? I didn't check Recommends.

Can't say i use the nginx packages much, though, i've been compiling
it from source since around 0.7. Back then even Sid was way behind and
after 1.0 it (like any other httpd) got bundled into -extras, -full,
-light, -whatever that never quite satisfied my needs.

I didn't check php5-fpm (i tend to use php5-cgi with some script in -
wait for it - /etc/init.d, but i forget which).

As to what will happen, again, no authority, but the main goal for
Devuan 1.0 is that whatever comes out then, is systemd-free. That
includes whichever *dev it ships with (there are a few threads about
possible candidates for this role).

HTH,
Nuno