:: Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linu…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Important changes in Linux 3.20 (4.0?)
On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 12:50:53PM -0500, Jude Nelson wrote:
> IVI == "In-Vehicle Infotainment." The stuff that runs your new car's UI.

The thing that scares me because I suspect it's just not as well
debugged as the software that used to run a car only a few years ago?

Well, what scares me it that the entertainment hardware doesn't seem to
be isolated from the more essential stuff that actually, you know,
drives that car. And the entertainment stuff is just being piled on
willy-nilly. And there are now touch screens that you have to use
while driving. Whatever happened to keeping one's eyes on the
road?

No one pushing this seems to be really concerned with the security, or
the safety of the user interfaces.

-- hendrik