:: Re: [Dng] Some downgrades may be ne…
Author: Go Linux
To: dng, Steve Litt
Subject: Re: [Dng] Some downgrades may be needed e.g. cups Re: Towards systemd-free packages
On Sun, 2/15/15, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Sunday, February 15, 2015, 9:20 AM

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015
22:27:04 +0100
Nikolaus Klepp <office@???>
wrote:

[cut]

Hi Nik,

You paint a tempting picture.

I'm a special case, in that I long ago made a policy decision to
allow absolutely no KDE libraries on my computers, and I long ago
jettisoned Kmail from my life.

But maybe some day I'll put TDE on a laptop, and evaluate it.

Most people don't have the same level of KDE aversion I do, and for
them, TDE just might be great, although I don't see how anyone could
use Kmail, for almost the same reasons I cant see how anyone could use
systemd.

By the way, Nik, you're about the fifth person I've heard speaking
glowingly of TDE in the last two months. TDE must be doing something
right!

Steve

You are not the only one with an aversion to KDE. I once made the mistake of installing KDE and my menu turned into an absolute mess with all those 'k'apps. I recently booted dzz's Exe GNU/Linux and though it was very well put together, the KDE aversion was still alive and well making it a no-go for me. Different strokes and all . . .

golinux