:: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consid…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Luke Leighton
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consideration: keep as close to debian as possible
On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 05:46:03PM +0000, Luke Leighton wrote:

[very long cut]

> this is again a self-fulfilling statement of intent, where i have
> demonstrated logically and rationally above that the grounds for the
> conclusion that you draw are incorrect.
>
> is there anything that you can perceive which is incorrect about the
> rationale i give above?

Hi Luke, a very nice theory is yours, indeed, and I am not
kidding. Unfortunately, in practice we already might miss some of the
packages of Jessie because of the systemd-nonsense, and not because of
an explicit anti-Debian choice of Devuan developers.

And things will apparently not get better anytime soon, since more and
more packages are including dependencies on the systemd-nonsense, and
this is totally beyond your control.

For the moment I would be content to have a working Devuan (i.e., a
Debian without the systemd-nonsense), knowing that it inherits some of
the merits of one of the most important collaborative projects in the
history of Free Software, wouldn't you? :)

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]