:: [Dng] OT: Programming languages aga…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] OT: Programming languages again.
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 09:54:05PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:
>         Hey Guys, I would love to have a dispute about languages, but I
>     don't think it's in the scope of this mailing list. Do you? Excuse
>     me for having fed it.

Off topic? That's already been established, in a thread about what
scripting lannguage to use for Devuan. The conclusion there we
use whatever the scripts were already written in on Debian, rather than
rewriting everything.

But I think it is still useful to point out excellent, little-known
languages that might make programming a lot more reliable yet still
efficient.

There aren't many of those, and some of the best are not well known.

I'd still recommend Modula 3 (except for its bulky syntax) and ocaml
(on a machine where it runs as native code).

And I think Styx (used in the Inferno project, a successor to plan 9)
is worth a mention, though I have no experiennce with it.

And would you mind posting in straight Unicode, or even ASCII,
but without HTML tags?

-- hendrik