:: Re: [Dng] OT: Programming languages…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: Hendrik Boom, dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] OT: Programming languages again.
Dear developpers and maintainers, please continue providing us with
applications written in the language you prefer.

     I have personnal feelings about which languages are productive and
produce bug-free software and which, in the contrary let you waste your
time in correcting your bugs and eventually produce wrong result without
people even noticing. But I am afraid this leads to endless discussions.

     The choice of the language is yours and is absolutely respectable.
And I am immensely gratefull to you for giving the result of your work
to the community whatever the language.

     Just the following restriction: please, when your piece of software
is first of all an API, like dbus is, let it be not too much
language-oriented. I mean don't force other programmers to think like
you, or, worse, don't make the API only usable by applications written
in one language.

     Didier