:: [Dng] Raspberry Pi 2
Author: Robert Storey
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] Raspberry Pi 2
I just saw this announcement:

Raspberry Pi 2 Now on Sale for US$35
http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/

It will probably be a few months before I can buy one in my part of the
world (Taiwan), but it's on my shopping list. Maybe for my birthday (in
May).

Anyway, it's got an ARM7 processor, so at last there is a Pi that is fast
enough to use as a real computer. The relevance for us here on this list is
that this looks like a good target for Devuan sometime in the future when
we've got a final release.

No hurry of course. Just wanted to share the news with other Pi
enthusiasts. Right now I'm running Raspbian on mine, but since I imagine
they will go systemd (if they haven't already - don't know since I haven't
updated) I will definitely be looking for an alternative distro.

cheers,
Robert