:: Re: [unSYSTEM] American fighter in …
Author: Amir Taaki
To: unsystem
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] American fighter in Rojava: we need technology and media experts
http://rudaw.net/english/opinion/29012015

Nowadays I think I was mistaken, however. The discourse spreading from
Qandil to northern Kurdistan, Rojava and even Western Turkey (via the
People’s Democratic Party) is different from the Marxist-Leninism and
militant nationalisms of the past. It also stands in the starkest
possible contrast to the ideology of the Islamists, whether of the
Islamist State variety or the somewhat less extreme variants. It just
takes a bit of time and effort to see this, especially given confusing
labels and jargon (which I will try to avoid), and also the dearth of
polished diplomats that would normally explain such things.

Free of jargon, the idea is to pursue a bottom-up, Athenian-style direct
form of democratic governance. Local communities from the village level
upwards take on as much self-government as they can, eschewing the
strong central government model so favored in the region. Elections form
councils whose members can be recalled at any time. The states people
live under would thus become increasingly less relevant as each
community seeks out its own preferred arrangements.