:: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulse…
Author: Martinx - ジェームズ
To: m_maass
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] sugestion apulse as pulseaudio replcement
Can you guys believe this:

A Desktop with 6G of RAM running Ubuntu 14.10 with systemd + pulseaudio:

USER       PID %CPU *%MEM*    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
userzyx   25830   0.3    *75.0*   6171772 4487884 ?     S<l  Dez16  46:11
/usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog

Pulseaudio is consuming *75% of my RAM MEMORY!!!* WTF IS THIS THING??!!!
And I'm not playing a single music!

I still do not believe that Debian was taken over by the shit that come out
of Lennart / RedHat (sorry about the bad words). And the Linux community
will put almost all the eggs into the systemd basket!! For God's sake, what
a fuck is wrong with those people??? Well, I really don't care anymore, we
have Devuan! YAY!    ^_^

I was trusting my professional life on Debian team and now, this crap...
The good of open source is that we have the power to make forks... Whew!

You guys can count on me to make Devuan, the BEST Linux distribution EVER!

Lets include apulse and also, jackd. And *kick* pulseaudio alongside with
systemd.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore about systemd, neither as an option, it
is impossible to trust on this thing, because of Lennart past projects (and
obvious, because of systemd terrible / creepy architecture). I still open
to uselessd + new udev, if it make easier to keep compatibility with
upstream Debian while we need to keep syncing with it. Also, I like the
idea of CGroup Process, if uselessd can achieve that (i.e, control/isolate
process using Linux CGroups), then, it is a great thing! There are space
for a new Init System and systemd is NOT it.

Happy new year! :-)