:: Re: [Dng] Release Names
Author: Noel Torres
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Release Names
On Tuesday, 9 de December de 2014 14:14:44 hellekin escribió:
> On 12/09/2014 09:42 AM, Lev wrote:
> > I wouldn't say bad things on old technology.
>
> *** I honestly think it was a joke. Any names that would make sentences
> awkward should be avoided.
>
> Besides, some ancient technologies can be considered stable: like forks.
>
> ==
> hk

This comment has made me think on a different approach for names, one that is
really cross-cultural: ancient technologies, and places

Ancient tech like fire, wheel, pottery, pyramids are truly worldwide. We just
need to decide in which language to express these words.

Or even better, we can use names of places known for their importance on human
evolution (or for its investigation, to be more precisa): Olduvai (Africa),
Neander Tahl (Europe), Sima de los Huesos (Europe), Zhoukoudian (Asia)

This last one can be combined with important places of all cultures from
antiquity: Chichen-Itzá (America), Luxor (Africa), Stonehenge (Europe),
Harappa (Asia), Longshan (Asia)

Regards

Noel Torres
er Envite