:: [Dng] Any jessie wm without systemd…
Author: Christoph Lechleitner
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] Any jessie wm without systemd dependency?
Hi together.

First, Thanks for your efforts so far!

I very much appreciate the Devuan project, I hope you guys get it up &
running soon. At some point (regarding project progress) we might be
able and willing to contribute resources.

While systemd might grow usable in the far future (because the distros'
hands will be forced by some incident with heartbleed-like severity),
but for the near future (2-5 years?) many of us need a way to avoid it.

Devuan and uselessd are my best glimmers of hope in that regard.

Currently I'm trying to get some of my surplus Debian jessie machines (2
Laptops, 1 Desktop), systemd free.

Unfortunately, even xfce4 depends on systemd, so I'm searching for
another window manager.

I don't mind to perform network configuration, media mounts and the like
manually on the command line, but ...
- I need some clipboard history (I'm used to glipper)
- I want virtual desktops
- I want my X session to be back after resuming from suspend/hibernate
- I'd like some WLAN access UI

Any suggestions?

Regards, Christoph