:: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
On 12/05/2014 09:53 PM, T.J. Duchene wrote:

> As a counter proposal, I would rather see Devuan drop the whole
> designation of contrib and non-free entirely, by combining them in a
> "community" section which can be supported by users in an unofficial
> capacity, thus freeing limited developer resources for work on the
> important parts. It would also have the effect of saying "We don't
> support this officially, but here the packages are. You take all legal
> responsibility for licenses and patents."

*** Then I would suggest calling that "unsupported" repository, as
non-free software's only relationship with community is that it's
antisocial. But I would certainly prefer seeing "contrib" and
"antisocial", than merging unsupported, but free, software, and
obviously antisocial non-free software in a single repository.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/