:: Re: [Dng] GNOME and GDM
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: John Morris
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] GNOME and GDM
On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 14:35 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:54:09PM +0200, Vlad wrote:
> > I would propose that we do not waste any time with GDM, GNOME or
> > anything else that has sprung out of that irresponsible organizations
> > other than gtk.
>
> There's so much hate going on in within Devuan, it is rather ridiculous.
> This is a public mailing list!
>
> To nobody in specific: If there are needs with concrete technical
> solutions and a willingness to commit, feel free to have a discussion
> with either release-team@??? or on desktop-devel-list@???.

Posting this requires some real disconnect with reality. The whole
point of this fiasco is GNOME demanding that systemd be considered
integral, that both be taken or neither. This tactic has brought much
success, all but a couple of fringe distributions considered GNOME to be
important enough that any demand would be met. If it were believed to
be possible to package GNOME in such a way that systemd support could be
contained within optional side packages and alternatives that is likely
what Debian would have went with and this whole project and mailing list
wouldn't exist.

To now come here and demand that accommodation be made for packaging
GDM/GNOME/etc be undertaken by the much smaller team here and to double
down and insist that refusal to waste time considering such an
improbable course of action is attributable to 'hate' is pure hubris. A
thing cannot be and not be at the same time. Either GNOME depends on
systemd or it doesn't. After over a year of insisting that it does,
please don't become offended when people believe you guys.