:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: [debianfork] Do…
Author: Roger Leigh
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: [debianfork] Don't panic and keep forking Debian™!
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 08:08:43AM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Sorry, but when the only public facing web page for the site is a
> manifesto, with no names attached, and a button asking for
> donations, with no name or organization attached, that kind of
> raises lots of questions and doubts about putting much effort into a
> project.
> [...]
> If you're for real, please take this as a word to the wise.

I certainly agree here. Particularly when it comes to accepting
donations, accountability and transparency *are* important. This
information is absent:

- the organisation receiving the money
- information about the organisation itself, including who is
running it and who will be responsible for the finances
- what the donations will be used for

The latter doesn't need to be in exacting detail, but I think it's
important to justify why you need donations, and for donors to be
confident this is legitimate and not a scam; right now that's not
possible to determine objectively as an outsider.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh