:: Re: [Dng] Consider using gitorious …
Author: Matteo Panella
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Consider using gitorious instead of github
On 28/11/2014 12:57, Timothy M. Redaelli wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm really sad to see devone is using github since it's a closed source
> platform and it's against the debian politics.

Debian itself uses GitHub for some of its packaging and development work
(eg. the policy group puts drafts up for review and collaborative
editing on GitHub, cgmanager and systemd-shim have their VCS on GitHub
and so on).

> Please *really* consider to switch to gitorious since we are still in time.

The beauty of git is that there's no way to lock users in, so mirroring
repos to gitorius or any other service (git.devuan.org, anyone?) is a
no-brainer.

Issues *should* be migrated over to BTS as soon as an instance is up and
running, so the impact of relying on GitHub is really minimal :-)

Regards,
--
Matteo Panella