:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: [debianfork] Don…
Author: Florian Lohoff
To: Miles Fidelman
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Fwd: Re: [debianfork] Don't panic and keep forking Debian™!
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:55:03PM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Ok... enough of this anonymity garbage. How about some names and bios
> (or at least web links) for the "Veteran Unix Admin" collective? It's
> one thing to publish a rant, it's another to announce a project, and put
> up a page that asks for donations. Who are the real human beings behind
> this effort? Kind of hard to take it seriously without some substance.

I had hoped for the good in all this discussions. I suported the GR
by Ian Jackson. I had hoped that systemd could get into Jessie but
no further dependencies would be allowed. This would have made
systemd completely optional. Just look at reverse dependencies on
the systemd ecosystem - it spreads through the whole distribution.

Now - as all tries have failed one needs to take off with a fork
or get a Debian Derivate off the ground. This is not a light
task and there is no formalized group of people as Debian had time
to build in 20+ years.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@???