:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Silk Road 2 Seized
Author: Caleb James DeLisle
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Silk Road 2 Seized
Yeah and he was probably the supplier of the fucking dope :(

Has everyone forgotten Dark Alliance and the contras and the plane crashes
where the planes were loaded to the hilt with cocaine and always registered
in the name of the CIA?

The sad fucked up version of this story is that the CIA invented drugs, then
used them to convert the civil rights movement into a handful of gangs which
they could control by controlling the dope supply. Control of gangs gave
them a mercenary group to get rid of anyone who got in their way because
"gang violence" is almost never investigated.
The problem was that social networks which sprung up, especially around
pot which was always difficult to centralize anyway and they provided a
troublesome social resilience. The CIA switched to using their anonymity
network to sell direct-to-end-user, giving them higher profit margins and
better Intel on who was actually using the drugs as well as keeping people
from knowing their neighbors.

I'm not saying that this is what happened, I can't know, but I think it's
a bit arrogant to say "we can do drugs anonymously, yay fuck the government"
when the government created both the drugs and the anonymity network which is
being used to sell them.