:: Re: [Bricolabs] developers and weav…
Author: JNM
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] developers and weavers: thoughts on project funding, sustainability, public rating and the CHEST #2 desaster

>>hmmm.... but what is ISEA ?
>
>http://www.isea2014.org/en/index.aspx is ISEA (inter society of the
>electronic arts)

It was ironic.
For me, ISEA is an elite event, not related anymore to art and
society, but to business of art, geopolitics, and "art media" mafia.

But I am curious to hear about the organisation of the meetings,
exhibitions, presence of saoudian citizens, in one of the most strict
shariah-governed, anti-democratic, dangerous dictatorship country,
known for its official hundred saber beheadings per year, hunt of
homosexuals, slavery, etc:

- are all Saoudi citizens, even women and children allowed to see all
the artworks ? alone ?

-is iot easy for saoudi citizens to visit artworks and assist to symposium ?

- what (auto-)censorship, or selection of works, has been done by
ISEA team to conform to Shariah ?

- does anyone knows the real deal with Saoudia authorities about the contents ?

- is there someone there (journalist) with a real critic view, method
and curiosity about this ?

JN