:: Re: [unSYSTEM] DarkCoin
Author: sickpig@gmail.com
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] DarkCoin
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM, sickpig@??? <sickpig@???>wrote:

> On May 23, 2014 5:16 AM, "Kristov Atlas" <author@???>
> wrote:
> >
> > Some great reading there, thanks for the links, sickpig.
> >
> > -K
> >

> You're welcome.
>
> One last thing regarding bytecoin. I've read somewhere that the validity
> of the project has been damaged by premine and a doubtful leadership
> (someone even said the project was a scam).
>
> Those were the reason why fork like monero (monero.cc) has been created. I
> can't guarantee for the integrity of monero either but at least there's no
> premine.
>
> Another point I forgot to mention previously: both bytecoin and monero
> stem use the framework provided by https://cryptonote.org/. I didn't have
> the time to study the crew behind the project though.
>

> hopefully the real last thing on this.

there are two crypto currencies that are named bytecoin.

https://bytecoin.org/ and http://bytecoin.biz/

the former is the one I was referring to (based on cryptonight pow algo
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/CryptoNight), the latter is another alt based on
sha256 pow and not to be considered imho.

another post of gmaxwell related to this homonymy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.msg6806045#msg6806045