:: Re: [Bricolabs] TAPES TAPES TAPES
Author: Jaromil
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] TAPES TAPES TAPES
On Sat, 10 May 2014, Brian Degger wrote:

>    Is  bricolabs network mapped in Facebook?

no.

but well, I feel like forgetting about this discussion now after Kruno's I
think right now there is more need for a sandbox where people can go feel like
being pure, like a sauna or so. Then maybe come back and speak frankly.

because if at this point in time we are still questioning these things
then it means we don't have a common understanding of what bricolabs is
and what each one of us is struggling for.

i hope is not the case. the mission statement on the web says it clear:

""
Bricolabs is a translocal, intraregional network that regards nationally
determined cultural policies for 'new media' as attempts to dominate,
rationalise, claim and own practices that exist by nature of being between and
outside and beyond such frameworks. It is a distributed network for global and
local development of generic infrastructures incrementally developed by
communities.

Bricolabs investigates the new loop of open content, software and hardware for
community applications, bringing people together with new technologies and
distributed connectivity, unlike the dominant focus of the IT industry on
security, surveillance and on the monopoly of information and infrastructures.
""

agreeing this is our aim I'm looking forward to listen to everyone's
experiences with an open mind and with the hope to learn something rather than
telling others how better I am at doing things or how wrong they are. Because
there is a lot to learn and its evident from the lack of sustainability for
many good initiative here, and because if we start to compete on who has the
bigger GNU horns Asbesto will win anyway, even if he is an FB addict.

ciao