:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Fwd: Meshnets and Fr…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Philip Glover
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Fwd: Meshnets and Freedom
Jaume,

Thanks for the link, it looks like those guys have already started the type
of project I'm hoping to get rolling in my home town, maybe Morphle could
collaborate with them? Morphle is in the process of ordering their first
mass-produced line of switches. The hardware is open-source, and I don't
know if you're familiar with Smalltalk or Squeak (an version of Smalltalk
written in itself), but Morphle's SiliconSqueak is a hardware
implementation of that language, so it's a hardware virtual-machine.
They're also in the process of designing their ASIC wafer-scale version of
SiliconSqueak to replace the FPGA implementation when they are ready.

SiliconSqueak seems ideal for Internet 0 devices, so I could see it being
very useful in bringing about a dark "Internet of Things". As a chemical
engineer by training, the applications toward machine control and
automation are pretty exciting for me. Anyway, I'm just nerding out at this
point.

Thanks for your reply, I'd love to help you guys "undo the system" in
anyway I can.

-phil